Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review: This Girl

This Girl (Slammed, #3)This Girl by Colleen Hoover

Description:
Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from his point of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.

My Thoughts:
Well, I do have to say that I am not as in love with This Girl as I was with both Slammed and Point of Retreat. But there is a good reason for this.  Its not that it is a bad book because believe me it isn’t.  However, this book felt more like it was there for closure.  It answered many previous unanswered questions and just left you feeling like you knew Layken and Will were in the right place and that things were going to be just fine for them. 

This book is written in a different format from the other two.  It is still in Will’s POV, but does a LOT of flashing back to the past.  The majority of the current events take place during the weekend of their honeymoon.  Okay, so there is sex this time around, but the author spares us the details and leaves it out of the book. I liked that fact. I felt that if she had given us details it would have taken away from the whole story and feel of the series. 

Will still didn’t fail to shock me. At times I even thought Lake was going to smack him when he told her about the past.  I couldn’t believe some things that he told her, but understood their history a lot better.  It made you wonder if he would have done this different would they be together now? 

As I said, I am not nearly as emotionally tied to this book, as I was the other two.  I walked away from it feeling as though I now knew everything and there were no untold parts to the story.  However, it did make me want to reread Slammed and compare how he was dealing with things to how Lake handled them.  I love when an author does that! It brings me back to the beginning and I just know I could sit down and reread all three books and be just as in love with them now as I was the first time. 

This Girl is the end of the “Slammed” series.  I will say it again, GO READ THESE BOOKS!!  I plan to have them up on my bookshelf soon beside the other books that I have totally fallen in love with.  I also look forward to reading more books by Colleen Hoover and I hope that I will love them just as much as I loved these three. 

Rating:  ©©©©©

No comments:

Post a Comment