Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review: Fury

FuryFury by Michelle Pace and Tammy Coons

Description:
For years, Cheyenne Carson clawed her way up from her meager upbringing and strove to distance herself from the skeletons of her past. Finally success is within her grasp. A journalist for the music magazine, The Sound Wave, the assignment of a lifetime just landed in her lap. An all access pass to tour with the British rock band, Fury. Their latest album went triple platinum and they've never granted interviews.

Once her assignment begins, Fury's tour explodes in a Molotov cocktail of sex, scandal, and violence that threatens to ruin Fury's quest for worldwide success. Can Cheyenne navigate her treacherous path unscathed, or will the demons of her past poison her blossoming career?



My Thoughts:
So I will admit that I got this book when it was free on Amazon.  It had been sitting on my wish list for a while, so I jumped at the chance when it was free.  J  I thought sexy guy on the cover, rock stars, love story, can’t go wrong right? 

Well, the first thing that threw me was that the rock stars were British!  Wow!  It was a bit funny reading how they talked and described things.  I loved that they said things like snogged and shagged to describe sexual encounters.  Sure sounds better than some ways we Americans describe the same acts. 

Cheyenne and Stephanie are complete opposites when it comes to personalities, but how they are opposite just complements their friendship.  It only makes sense in a journalism world for a photographer and a journalist to be best friends. 

I loved how the band treated each other like family.  Everything they did was not only for the better of the band, but to cover one another's backs….even when they disagreed.  There were the typical rock star antics, but nothing that anyone that has read books about rock stars wouldn’t expect.

I immediately thought something was up when Cheyenne and Stephanie were sent on their trip, but it takes the entire book to find out what it is.  I wasn’t impressed with all the alcohol that was drank throughout the book, but it is fitting for the story.  The main thing that bothered me was how rushed the ending felt.  Yes, it had a HEA, but I felt it could have been better written. 

Fury is a stand-alone story, even though I was hoping that the author would write other stories giving more details about the other band members or more details as to how Cheyenne and Stephanie’s lives end up.  However, I am glad that I read this book and I truly enjoyed it more than I originally thought I would.  If you are into the whole rock star books then this must go on your TBR list!!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

Rating: ©©©©

No comments:

Post a Comment