Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review: Point of Retreat

Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Description:
Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart.

Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.'






My Thoughts:
Again I am in shock. Emotions everywhere. This second book is just as good as the first, but pulls me in a totally different way. No longer am I hoping for Layken and Will to get together. That happens at the end of Slammed. However, I am still in shock about what happens in this book. Again, absolutely NO SEX, so the first thoughts of her becoming pregnant, get rid of them.  Which might I say I am so glad is not an issue in this book!!

Okay, so Point of Retreat is written in Will’s POV. Totally different from Slammed and took me a bit to adjust to.  Even though you should be pulling for him the entire time, since this is after all his book, I still wanted to smack him many times!!  LOL

Again the book is divided into 2 parts and again, part 2 hits you and you are floored. So much happens in this book. It mostly takes place a year or more after Slammed and Lake and Will have been together as a couple the entire time. However, with both of their lives anything but the usual it seems the world is working against them with every turn the story takes. 

Can I just say that while during Slammed I kept thinking Will is the biggest jerk in the world, in Point of Retreat I learned many things about him that just make you realize he is a guy (lol) and is just as new to everything as Lake is, but at times doesn’t use both his head and his heart to make decisions. 

I love love love Suck and Sweet time.  I am thinking about once all my kids are older and can understand that we need to do this. Such an easy way to keep up with their lives and how things progress.

We meet a new family, next door to Lake and Kiersten is the funniest thing ever!  Her mom, Sherry really reminds me of a hippie, but that explains a lot about Kiersten.  Who knew an 11 year old could have so many incites to an adult world!

When I reached the end of this book I felt that I had read their HEA.  I closed the book and was very content. Then I found out there was a third book.  Needless to say, I downloaded it right away!! J Stay tuned for my review of book 3, This Girl. 

Rating:  ©©©©©

**Note:  The cover I have pictured is the same cover I read. However, there are 2 other covers for this book as well. I have seen a different ebook cover that still has the butterfly on it and then there is the newest that has a picture of Will on it. Don’t let the cover fool you, its still the same great book!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment