Monday, June 17, 2013

Review: Mine to Hold

Description:
A friend’s duty.
Tyler Murphy was an LAPD detective, single and happy—until a near-fatal tragedy crippled his friend, fellow detective Eric Catalano. While Tyler supported Eric, he also became a shoulder for Eric’s wife, Delaney, to lean on. But with one naughty suggestion from Eric, a drunken night with Delaney spilled into erotic abandon. Before it was over, Tyler saw his best friend’s wife as a woman and yearned for more. When Eric struggled to deal with the aftermath, Delaney begged Tyler to leave. Crushed, he fled to Louisiana, hoping to escape his longing for the one woman he could never have again…and unaware of what he’d left behind.
A lover’s desire.
After two years of living with regret, Tyler finds Delaney on his doorstep, her husband having abandoned her long ago. She’s protecting a shocking secret and desperately needs refuge from a stalker determined to see her dead. As they fight to stay alive and catch the killer, they struggle to resolve the guilt of their past pleasures. But they can’t deny that what was once a spark is now a flame burning out of control. To possess Delaney—body and soul—Tyler must heal her pain and thwart the evil that’s a mere breath behind her…

My thoughts:
Well, first of all this is the first book I have written from this series.  It is actually book #6, with 5 others and 1 novella ahead of it.  You MUST read these in order to understand all the characters in the book.  That part has been hard for me to do since I requested these books via my local library and had to wait my turn on them! It was really hard when I had books 4, 5, and 6 arrive weeks before book 1, but well worth the wait!!  I love each of these books and they are definitely on my list of books to watch for to buy later down the road when I get rich off of this blog. Ha ha ha!! :)

Okay on with the book! As always I will try very hard to not give anything away, but it is sooo hard to do!  From the first 10 pages I was hooked.  Wow talk about a first chapter to make you want to read faster! This book is not loaded on sex, which is nice, but boy when it is there you pay attention.  What really made me enjoy this one is the fact that it was a love story tied in with mystery and action all together.  Loved that you were constantly trying to figure out who was good or bad and always cheering for the good guys.  In the end this book ended as the other 5 in this series had, lets you see the good, but doesn't totally give you the happily ever after. I know that I enjoy reading how they characters are doing on down the road, but I'm sure that book #7 will give me in site to that as this one did with the lives of other characters from books 1-5 that appeared during the story. 

Overall, go start this series!!  You must keep in mind that she does tie some BDSM into it, but I honestly don't feel that most of the series has anymore of that than Fifty Shades did.  Would I read this book again, yes. Will I keep reading the series, yes! The books don't leave you hanging so you aren't waiting months for the next to come out, but when it does you can feel confident in just picking it up and remembering the other characters without having to reread all the other books.  Shayla Black has done an awesome job in creating a group of characters that you care about, yet as she adds new ones you care for them just as much as the others.  I look forward to reading the rest of this series as I get a chance to get my hands on them!


Rating:  ♥♥♥♥


Other Books in this series:
Wicked Ties
Decadent
Delicious
Surrender To Me
Belong To Me
Wicked To Love **Novella**

**Please note:  The cover I have pictured is the cover of the copy I read. They are currently redoing the covers, so the new one has a picture of 2 wine glasses.  I like both covers, but posted the one that matched my book.**

No comments:

Post a Comment