Friday, February 7, 2014

Review: Wrecked

Wrecked by Priscilla West

Description:
“There would be no happy ending for us. He was too damaged. I was too broken.”
Two years ago, Lorrie’s mother was murdered. But that wasn’t the end of it. Reeling from the tragedy, Lorrie’s father spiraled into alcohol, depression, and finally suicide.
The two most important people in Lorrie’s life are both gone but she’s still alive.
Trying to recover from the tragedy, Lorrie returns to campus, ready to pick up the pieces of her life. All Lorrie wants is to get back to “normal.”
Then she meets Hunter. The man, the legend, “The Hammer.”
Hunter is a cage fighter who takes on every fight like he’s got nothing to lose. His life is a tangled mess of girls, booze, and fist fights. And while it may seem like he’s got a devil-may-care attitude, he’s fighting a private cage-match with a monster he can’t defeat.
Lorrie knows that Hunter is exactly the type of guy she should stay away from, especially in her fragile state, but Hunter has other ideas.
As Hunter and Lorrie grow closer together, will they be able to overcome their pain and heal each other? Or will they both end up wrecked?
My Thoughts:
Wow. OMG. Pick my jaw up off the floor. I am wrecked. 
Okay, I want to tell you right up front this book ends in a cliffhanger and it sucks!! 
Alright on to the review. In case you didn't know Beautiful Disaster is one of my favorite books. When I read the description and began reading this book I kept thinking back to that book and comparing the two. Finally it smacked me in the face that although these two books are similar in some ways (college kids, boy is a fighter, love story) it is so different!! I fell in love with this story and it totally broke me that I can't finish it until book 2 comes out!
Hunter (must say I love that name, lol) is such a mystery and yet an open book. Even though he puts off the bad boy loner image he has such a kind and soft heart. Rampage is the perfect example of that. I won't tell you what that means, go read the book! :) He is willing to put Lorrie's feelings before his and opens up his very small circle of friends to her. He follows all the rules she puts in place and never pushes until he knows it must be done.
To say that Lorrie has been handed a bag of lemons is an understatement. When Hunter enters her life with a splash it is the beginning of her seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. She tries to forget their chance meeting but soon is face to face with him yet again. After he convinces her to spend some time together she learns that he isn't the same guy she thought he was. Afraid of what will happen if she allows him to get close she builds up walls to protect herself. When on one fateful day those walls come down everything changes. She finally feels like her world is right and life is actually moving forward.
Then her past comes back to haunt her. With a past like hers it is like hitting a brick wall going full speed. She shuts down and Hunter has disappeared as well. These two broken people have no idea the past that their other half have and it is enough to cause them to self destruct. If neither of them can confess what has happened will they ever make it? Even reading this book you will have so many questions that you will be wishing for book 2 like I am!! Believe me, when it comes out I will be getting it as soon as I can!
Book 2 is supposed to be out later this month. I hope it isn't delayed because I sooo need to find out what happens!! If I were you I would wait a week or so to read this so you don't have to wait to find out what happens, but definitely READ THIS BOOK!!
Rating: ©©©©©

No comments:

Post a Comment