Monday, February 10, 2014

Review: Mad Love

Mad Love by Colet Abedi

Description:
23-year-old aspiring artist Sophie Walker can think of no better place than the exotic paradise of the Maldives to escape the wrath of her controlling parents, the monotony of her boring legal work and her passionless boyfriend. With her two best friends along for the ride and to help her find herself again, Sophie is not prepared for the enigmatic Clayton Sinclair. Clayton comes from another world of privilege that seems like a fantasy to Sophie. Can this man introduce her to the passion & seduction she never realized she was desperately searching for? Sophie quickly becomes ensnared in Clayton's seductive web until a shocking treachery makes her question her judgment and actions...
My Thoughts:
I need to say at the beginning of this review that I was granted an ARC of this book from NetGalley to review. The book doesn't actually release until March 11, 2014.

Sigh. I didn't want this book to end. However when it did I was ready to scream! I will warn you it ends in a cliffhanger and then to make things worse the author teases us by giving us the beginning of the next book. However, she doesn't tell us when it will come out!! Ugh!!I needed more!

I fell in love with all the characters in this book. Sophie is awesome. I love how she just speaks what she is thinking before her brain can stop her. Sometimes it gets her in trouble, but it keeps her honest! I was laughing very hard at some points. The scene with the sharks is hilarious in my opinion!

What can I say about Clayton. He is very dominating, but at times you want to smack him for being stupid! He really forgets (a lot) how new to EVERYTHING Sophie is. Sometimes he would save them both a lot of heartache if he would just tell her what is happening. Of course if he did that then there would be no need for make up sex. LOL  

Erik and Orie are the best friends of Sophie and they make everything in life seem so easy! They are really in love with one another, but they never make Sophie feel like a third wheel or give her grief for things that go on while on the island. They are her rocks when she needs them in both good times and bad. She would be so lost without them.

However in the end even the best of rocks can't help you when your life is turned upside down. I can't believe the author left us hanging in the end and didn't even give a clue as to when the next book will be out. I am so torn up about this! I really want to recommend that you go read this book when it comes out, but I hate that I can't relieve the pain at the end by saying the next book will be out on blah blah date. 

Rating:  ©©©©©

No comments:

Post a Comment