Thursday, February 13, 2014

Review: Domino Effect

Domino Effect by Jill Elaine Huges
Description:
Start of Domino series
Peter Rostovich is an enigmatic international artist with ties to the Russian mafia. He manipulates everyone he comes in contract with and nobody can figure him out—not even himself. More than that, he has a taste for bondage, which he infuses into his art.
Virginal Nancy Delaney is an aspiring reporter who tries to crack Peter’s shell. His work is like nothing she’s ever seen—complete with a live sculpture that gets the exhibit shut down by the police.
Peter hates reporters, but Nancy captivates him to the point where he makes her part of his exhibit within seconds of meeting her. He introduces her to the world of BDSM, but his involvement in the criminal underworld puts Nancy in the sights of his fiercest enemy.
Inside Scoop: This is the first part of a trilogy that blends sex, bondage and international thrills into one exciting read, but watch out for the cliffhanger ending. You’ll be hanging on the edge, waiting for book two.

My Thoughts:
Umm...okay. Well this is hard for me to say, but I really didn't enjoy this book. I kept finding myself skimming the pages and then going back to read them to make sure I didn't miss anything. I was more willing to put this book down and do things I should be doing like cleaning, laundry, and so on than I have been in a long time. I really didn't get interested until like the last 5 pages and then it was to be continued in book 2. There is a small part of me that wants to know what happens in book 2, but I'm not sure at this time it is enough for me to read it when it comes out (which I have no idea when that will be).

Overall the book is well written, very detailed, and keeps flowing. I just don't think it was for me. I had trouble believing the dramatic scenes that occured and that didn't help with me not enjoying myself.

Nancy Delaney is a college student just trying to get her foot in the door of her future career in journalism while also keeping up with her college classes and working part time as a waitress.  When she is talked into taking an art review assignment from her roommate she doesn't think it will be a hard job. However, this one small job turns her world upside down and she may never recover from it or survive it.

Peter Rostovich is the artist at the exhibit Nancy is covering. He is a very dark character full of mystery. Somehow Nancy is drawn to him and he to her, but their attraction isn't strong enough to stop outside forces from causing Nancy harm. I do have to say that the exhibit that Peter was showing made my jaw drop. It is unbelievable.

The book ends in a cliff hanger that leaves you wondering what will come of Peter and Nancy. Like I said before I just had trouble with this book keeping my attention. It lacked the caring side between the two characters that I have become used to, even though it wasn't in Peter's character to act that way. The amount of mystery involved in this book can keep your attention, just not mine. I am not sure when book 2 is due to come out or if I will read it, but I am going to put it on my TBR list just in case.

Rating: ©©


No comments:

Post a Comment