Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Review: Reckless

Reckless by Priscilla West

Description:
Everything about him warned me to stay away.

I’d seen bad boys before, but he had it all and more. The rippling muscles covered in tatts, the piercing eyes hiding dark secrets, the silky voice that could make a girl come with just a whisper . . .

He was exactly the type of guy that would get me in trouble, but when he jumped off the stage, inked skin glistening with sweat and breathed his seductive words into my ear, I couldn’t resist the temptation.

It was supposed to be the best one-night stand of my life, but fate didn’t let it play out that way. Things happened. I got upset. I got hasty. And worst of all, I got reckless.

After that disaster, I thought it was the last I’d see of him. But what I didn’t know was that I’d started something.

Something that could shatter the very thing I had worked so hard to protect.

I should have known back then that the most seductive things in life are also the most dangerous.

My Thoughts:
I received this book as an ARC direct from the Author. I feel quite honored that she sent it to me. I enjoyed this book, except the end, but found myself comparing it to a few other “rockstar” books I have read by other authors. However although it was similar in parts, I mean of course there will be scenes behind stage, on the tour bus, and so on because there is only so many places for rockstars to be!

First of all let me warn you, this book does not come to an end! It doesn’t say to be continued and as far as I know at this point there isn’t a second one planned, but it did not come to an end. That bothers me. I would have liked to know ahead of time that it was part of a series or at least put to be continued at the end. Now I have no idea if I will ever get the rest of the story!

Jax is the rockstar. He is lead singer of The Hitchcocks (HC) a rock band that is just beginning to climb the charts. He is tall, tattoed, and basically rocker hot.

Riley has been hired as the tour accountant to get HC’s finances back in order. Her and Jax have a very unusual first encounter that leaves them both a little longing. However when they realize that they will have to spend the next 2 weeks together things really get interesting.

Kev, Chewie, and Sky make up the rest of the HC’s and Chewie made me laugh often. I loved the fact that during the book they were traveling along I80 to Denver, Colorado…which is where I had just traveled before reading this book. I could just picture the roads and scenery since it was fresh in my head! I also had to laugh that they mentioned they were going to Denver to stock up on what is now legal there. LOL

As things heat up between Jax and Riley the top starts to bubble over. Will both of their secrets of the past cause things to blow up or will they work past it? I can’t say I know for sure because not everything gets answered! However, it does end with a bang! Please check this book out and if I find out anything about there being a 2nd book I will try to post on here and let you know!

Rating:  ©©©©

***I just found out that there will be a book 2!!!!!  It will be a 2 book series and the next one should come out in October. I will not complain if it comes out sooner!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment